Blessed By His Grace

If you are reading this then I pray that our testimony will touch your heart and give you hope....and I pray that the peace that surpasses all understanding fills your heart and soul.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your Strength." Mark 12:30
_________________________________________________________________
I guess you could say that Josh and I met under unique circumstances 5 years and few days ago. Life happened and our paths went down some windy turbulent roads....addiction had us by our throats....our lives were filled with drugs, violence, the law....you name it......We had a beautiful son together, rushed into marriage…and over time until that fateful day on June 26th 2008....our lives changed. Our marriage fell apart, separated and later divorced in December 2008....finalized March 2009. (that is the short version) Through all this time...little did we know that the Lord was preparing us for something very special.

On a sad yet awe inspiring June afternoon in a dark closet I experienced the arms of God wrap around me and whisper...come Child...lets go this way...and he did it through the precious arms of my sweet baby boy Skylar as he came to his mommy who was weeping in the closet for God to please help her...he sat in my lap and wrapped those tiny arms around my neck and whispered mommy I love you and drifted to sleep...I will never ever forget that day for as long as I live. God changed my heart, my life and my fire for him is burning bright. Josh and I were so blessed to have such an amazing son that we were able to be friends through our separation and divorce....I prayed for God to take care of us...every night on my knees by my bed I prayed for the Lord to please take care of me, Josh and Skylar. I began praying for a Godly woman for Josh and for someone to love him as my son will witness that love.
Little did I know...that in the deep desire of my heart...the Lord was very much taking care of all three of us...just has I had requested in prayer...yet more than I could have ever imagined.

It is only by the Grace of God that our little boy found a letter I had written Josh that had yet to be read. I love it how God has sent his messages to each of us through our son. With what can only be described as the day the earth stood still is nothing other than amazing when I get a phone call...thoughts and feelings being shared...sweet precious words through a text...God divinely working his will in our lives and hearts....with a hopeful date planned for coffee that would start our journey on a road that God has prepared for us......we shared a wonderful night watching fireproof ...we cried...we laughed...we confessed our regrets and love to each other ( I strongly suggest every couple watch it)....I was there to witness a hand being raised and a heart being surrendered to the one who gave his all for our lives to be saved.....two weeks later we were engaged when in a beautiful park Josh confessed his love for me and proposed marriage...

Joshua, you are the most amazing man ever…I will never forget that precious day. I love you more and more. Thank you for all you have done to make our wedding day special…for being my best friend…for being such a wonderful daddy to Skylar and for being who you are. I will never be able to say I love you enough and I promise to do my best to show you for the rest of my life.


I would like to share some photos that my dear friend Ashley took of us. Ashley, thank you so much for everything. I don't know how I will ever repay you. You have supported me and loved me in so many ways... and I am truly blessed to call you my friend and sister in Christ. I love you girl.

To all my family and friends who read this and even the ones who have not. We love you and we thank you so much for the love and support you have given us…for the endless hours on the phone, the countless prayers…each and everyone one of you have played a special part in bring us back together.



God is So Good!!!
We were married on September 12th, 2009
If you browse you will find our wedding pictures.
I cannot begin to describe all the blessings God has showered on us and in us.....



I love this photo...it turned our perfect. Ashley...you Rock Sister!!

He is the hottest man on the earth!!

This was Josh's idea and it turned out great.



As Ashley quoted...our love for God and for each other is undisputed.



I am truly blessed.
I love this man!!


Seeds were planted and things are growing. Thank you God.



I absolutely love this door.


The days ahead are precious...I pray for God to light our path and to show us his purpose for our lives. I know that God has special things planned for Josh and I. There will come a time when our testimony will shed a light of precious hope on another and for that I am eternally grateful for those who have shed their lights of hope on us.


For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

1 comments:

ashley o. said...
September 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM

praise!! i could hear this story over and over.. love you and cain't wait, less than a week now!!

Leave a Comment

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP